How to Unstake stNEAR
Learn how to unstake in Meta Pool step by step
There are 2 options to unstake in Meta Pool: you can Liquid Unstake (unstake immediately) or do a Traditional Unstake (delayed 48-72 hours).
You may unstake your stNEAR token immediately by paying a small fee and using the Liquid Unstake feature. Doing this you are actually swapping your stNEAR token for NEAR. This is made possible thanks to Meta Pool liquidity pool.
To Liquid Unstake simply:
- 1.Go to the Unstake tab on the navigation menu
- 2.Review the current Liquid Unstake Fee and decide whether you want to proceed.
- 3.Enter the amount of stNEAR you wish to unstake.
- 4.Click 'Liquid Unstake' and approve the transaction.
- 5.After a few seconds, afte your transaction has been confirmed by the blockchain, you'll have your unstaked NEAR available on your NEAR wallet.
Note: Meta Pool liquidity fee is in a range from 0.3% to 3%. It varies linearly according to the quantity of liquidity available in Meta Pool Liquidity Pool.
Traditional Unstake is the default form of unstaking from any validator on the NEAR protocol: due to the design of the network, validators wait 4 - 6 epochs (48-72 hours) before releasing the staked funds back to the user. Delayed unstaking is fee free for all users.
To withdraw your funds from Meta Pool using Delayed Unstake:
- 1.Go to the 'Delayed-Unstake' tab on the navigation menu at the top
- 2.Enter the amount of NEAR you want to unstake and click 'Start delayed unstake' button.
3. You'll see a notice informing you of the approx. waiting times. Review and confirm.
4. You'll be prompted to Authorize the transaction on the NEAR wallet. Click Authorize.
5. After the delayed unstaking period, the funds will be available to withdraw, click "withdraw" and confirm your transaction, your unstaked NEAR will show up in your NEAR wallet.
Thanks for your interest! Don't hesitate to contact us if you have more questions!